Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Mommy of the Year Moments

Carson is obsessed with the Power Rangers. For this week anyway. And trust me if it lasts much longer than this week, he nor I, will survive this summer. And readers, we are only a few days into summer break. I was never on the Power Rangers bandwagon, so I do not understand their appeal. In fact, my mind is boggled. And all of this leads me to today, after nap/ rest time.

I was standing in the kitchen, enjoying a few bites of watermelon. All by myself, thoroughly relishing those seconds of solitude. And in walks Carson. I was expecting a request for watermelon, which I would have gladly granted. But no. We launch into a speech about the Power Rangers. The pink one, blah, the red one, blah, something about a tiger and then a lion and a cow. I really just don't understand! So in a brilliant mommy move, if I do say so myself, I put my fork in a smaller chunk of watermelon and held it out for him to take a bite. And he did. And the Power Rangers diatribe ended. And then he swallowed. Green power ranger, blah, blue power ranger, blah, something about karate, blah, something about... I really don't remember. So I inserted my fork in a larger chunk of watermelon and held it out for him to take a bite. And silence fell upon the kitchen. Again, until he swallowed. And then the Power Rangers talk again... seriously for days now it is all I've heard about!

So the watermelon started appearing faster. He'd talk I'd give him a bite. He'd think about talking I'd give him a bite. This lasted until I could literally no longer keep a straight face and was laughing too hard to actually get the fork into the bowl of watermelon. Oh, you should have seen him. He was so confused! I know, I know. Bad mommy, we aren't supposed to torture our kids.

Well the way I see it I've been tortured for 5 days with the incessant talk of the Power Rangers. And really it was a win, win. He sort of got to talk about the Power Rangers and ate a healthy snack the I didn't have to dirty ay new dishes for and I got a really good laugh!

Mommy of the Year,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment