Saturday, May 25, 2013

Balsamic Roast Beef Dinner Review

Balsamic Roast Beef Recipe from addapinch.com


This is NOT my recipe! But man oh man, you need to make this ASAP! Robyn over at Add a Pinch posted this recipe way back in October of 2012. Click on the picture and it will take you straight on over there! I found it on Pinterest, ah, glorious Pinterest, and then I could simply never find the right place to put it into my menu. And then the holidays happened and months passed and I still hadn't tried this unique recipe. Until April of this year. And now? Well now my life will simply never be the same!

Not only was the one of the simplest Crock Pot roasts I've ever made but my boys just devoured it. And then the hubby took the leftovers to work the next day and it was gone... the entire 3lb chuck roast was gone in less than 24 hours. That good people! It is THAT good!

First things first, the changes I made. They were few, in fact only one. I used Veggie stock (low sodium) instead of beef, as that is what I keep on hand. I don't think it really altered the recipe all that much. And as always with beef and the crock pot, low and slow. I  know that high temp setting is tempting but low for longer always turns out better with beef. ALWAYS!

The flavor is incredible! That wonderful rich and tart balsamic flavor with the sweetness of the honey is fantabulous and that punch of red pepper really balances the flavors. I think adding 1/2 cup of blackberries (when they are in season) during the last couples of hours of cooking would be a nice punch as well.

I served it with potatoes, broccoli and bell peppers roasted with EVOO and salt and pepper, and used her tip at the bottom for reducing the gravy. I poured it over the veggies and meat and that was that!

This recipe can definitely be gluten free if you switch out your regular soy sauce for Tamari, which really you should do anyway.

I'm always on the hunt for new blogs and recipes to try and to review. Have a recipe your interested in but want me to try it first? Or maybe you adore a blog that I should know about? Leave me a message and I'll check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment